Compared to existing generators, the M.C.O. Micro Cogeneration Unit series offers higher performance and has an operational efficiency of up to 85%.
As the name implies, the MCO is a compact and high performance unit.
The micro series has several important features including:
- outstanding overall efficiency with a heat to power ratio of 2:1
- effective heat recovery system, ease of installation and commissioning units are for external installation, which allows for easy planning process
- correct unit selection and operation
The technology offered provides efficient energy in the ratio of approximately 2:1 heat to electricity, with the potential for significant benefits for the user. For these benefits to be fully utilised it is important that the user carefully assesses the site’s heat and electrical demand profiles to optimise the unit size selection and operational regime. Thermal storage may be required to optimise the system.
Key features of the C5/50 are as follows:
- 5.5 kWe gross electrical output, depending on fuel type 10.4 to 12.5 kWth heat output
- overall fuel efficiency between 79% and 92%
- compact, integrated package design
- noise levels as low as 52 dB(a) at 1 metre
- easy to install and operate
- 80,000 running hour design life
- up to 10 C5/50 can be installed in a multi module arrangement
- complies with G83/1 recommendations for SSEG Integrated modem for off-site monitoring and control.